Happy Spring! It Starts Today!
At 10.29am in the UK today, the sun crossed the equator going from south to north, ushering in the first day of Spring or Vernal Equinox, where the length of both day and night are equal. Ching ching! Here’s to earlier sunrises, later sunsets, softer winds and sprouting plants. At last!
Shake Off the Winter Bugs and Kill What’s Killing You
So NOW is the time to really pay attention to how much water you’re drinking and upload some ingredients that will help to clean you out and kill the bugs – namely the liver supporters: raw ginger, raw garlic and raw (if you can get it) turmeric.
Why? In the detox, I call these 3 my “kill-alls” because they virtually kill everything in your body that is trying to kill you! (Dramatic language, I know, but true.) Antibacterial, anti-parasitic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, anti-allergic, anti-arthritic, anti-asthma, anticancer, anti-carcinogenic, anti-cellulite, anti-cholesterol, antidepressant – to name just a few words associated with these 3 natural killers!
How to upload?
- Ginger shots – by blender or juicer. Take 1 apple, a chunk of ginger (one third the size of that apple), add half-a-thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric, then blend or juice. Knock it back, shake your head and say, “Zippity Doo Dah!”
- Garlic shots – take 1 lemon, 1 large clove of garlic, and then juice (with the lemon peel) or blend (without the lemon peel). Knock it back as is, then eat parsley to get rid of any residual smell in your mouth. If you add oil and a pinch of salt, this recipe becomes a fabulous dressing.
3 Tips to Detox-As-You-Go
- Make rest and sufficient sleep a priority right now, avoid screen time at bedtime
- Drink your water, take your Omegas and make sure you get sufficient electrolytes
- Eat/drink alkaline high-water-content foods as much as possible, laying off the heavier meats, carbs and starches